- Extensive academic background and volunteer experience in nonprofit/NGO leadership – both domestically and internationally – with particular interest in program development and evaluation, social enterprise, and strategic planning and analysis.
- Extensive professional experience in systems development and analysis, database management, basic front-end web programming, and writing for publication.
- Strong academic foundation in Middle East studies.
- Strong research abilities through both educational and professional experience.
University of Colorado, Denver – Projected graduation date: 2017
Candidate for Masters Degree in eLearning Design and Implementation
Regis University – 2011
Masters Degree in Nonprofit Management
Georgetown University – 2005
Bachelors Degree in Arabic Language
Certificate in Arab Studies
American University in Cairo – 2004
Arabic Language Institute
Middlebury College – 2003
Intensive Arabic Program
Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation – 2000-Present
Development Systems Senior Coordinator
Website transactional form content development and management; reporting and list pulls; database integrity; event support.
Center for Contemporary Arab Studies – 2004-2005
Publication order fulfillment; inventory management; customer account supervision; assistance in graphic design, text layout and content editing; website maintenance; writing short pieces for the CCAS magazine.
The AG Bell Association for the Deaf – 2002-2003
Prospect Research; charitable giving trends analysis.
Skills and Software
- Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Kintera Sphere
Donor management software, used extensively and thoroughly during my 15-year nonprofit career.
Used both personally and professionally for coding educational websites and donation collection tools.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced proficiency with Excel and Access
Used extensively professionally for data management and analysis.
- Visual Basic
Used professionally for CRM development/programming and in concert with Microsoft Access for data management.
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash) and Adobe Captivate
Used primarily personally for photo-editing and educational tool design.
- Sony Vegas Pro Media Editor
My go-to choice for video production and editing. Used primarily for educational videos.
- Programming with C#
Used personally for game development projects. I am a beginner and still gaining proficiency.
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Society of Georgetown University due to academic placement in top 15% of class
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- National Security Education Program’s David Boren Scholarship
- Denver Business Leaders Juneteenth Scholarship
- Dean’s List at Georgetown University
- Senior Honors Thesis